Best Historic Treasures in Barbados
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Barbados team
Bridgetown and the Historic Garrison have been nominated as a World Heritage Site. In the late seventeenth century Barbados was basking in wealth made from sugar, the British Army and Navy regional headquarters and the Bridgetown port.
Today, there is a fascinating legacy of ancient buildings:- the oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere, the house where George Washington stayed for 50 days, one of only three Jacobean Great Houses in the Western Hemisphere, over 50 coral limestone sugar windmills introduced by Dutch Jews in 1644 and several 350 year old gothic churches.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Barbados:If youʻre booking your trip to Barbados last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barbados Beach Day & Turtle Swim Experience
- Barbados: Tour of Harrison's Cave & Hunte's Gardens
- Barbados: Catamaran Tour with Snorkeling and Lunch
- Barbados: 4-Hour Private Customized Island Tour
- Barbados: Rural Tracks and Trails Guided E-Bike Tour