Best Potteries in Countryside
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Barbados team
One of Barbados' natural resources is clay and the pottery industry has a 350 year history with several designs being unique to the island such as the monkey jug and coneree. Several modern potteries have evolved making fabulous tableware.
The traditional Barbadian potters are located in the hilltops of Chalky Mount in the Scotland District, which is where the clay is found. Of this rich heritage of pottery in Barbados modern potteries have evolved such as Earthworks Pottery, Fairfield Pottery and the Pottery Place, more conveniently located near to the west coast.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Barbados:If youʻre booking your trip to Barbados last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barbados: 4-Hour Private Customized Island Tour
- Barbados: Rural Tracks and Trails Guided E-Bike Tour
- Barbados Beach Day & Turtle Swim Experience
- Bridgetown: Carlisle Bay Turtle and Shipwreck Boat Cruise
- Barbados: Tour of Harrison's Cave & Hunte's Gardens