My Guide Website?
A Guided Walking Tour of The History of a City – Bridgetown17 Reviews
Take a unique walking tour to the sites of Bridgetown. This tour gives a sample of the character of Bridgetown with the use of audio equipment and a knowledgeable tour guide.
- See the only remaining screw dock of its kind in the world
- Learn about the rich history of one of oldest Parliament in the Commonwealth as it stands, majestic, across the 'bridge'
- Discover where Rum was born and learn of its amazing birth
- Hear the stories of the men and women who made Bridgetown so exciting
- Learn how this intriguing city got its name as you travel through its arch
DescriptionOn this tour you will be taken on a journey that will include how the city got its name and end when it got its independence 50 years ago. A picture is first painted of the space now called Independence Square before homage is paid to the unceremonial 'burial ground' of the slaves as they landed on the island. The 'Blackwood Screw dock' is the next stop before heading to on of two of the 'bridges' in the city. Celebrating achievements such at running water into the city at 'the fountain', recognizing the sacrifices of the men of the two world wars at 'the Cenotaph' occur before the stately 'Parliament Buidlings' are revealed in story. The story of the 'birth of rum' is next before the 'Jewish ancentors' are recognized. The commercial activity on the popular 'Swan Street' is shared as the 'oldest street' in Bridgetown in explored. This is followed by the 'oldest church' and the 'Town Hall'. The magnificent 'Mutual Building' waits patiently to share all her stories then attention is turned to another 'street of commercial significance' before the spirit of the wharf and 'the Spirit Bond' shares her story. A stroll along the boardwalk takes you back to the start where the story of 'Independence 'is told to end an exciting tour.
IncludesGuide Audio equipment use Light snack (includes nut products)
- This tour maybe affected as a result of inclement weather
- Rescheduling will be done where possible