My Guide Website?
Historic Garrison and its Museum - a Military Story1 Reviews
Come join this journey back to the 18th century Barbados as the life and times of British military occupation in Barbados are brought back to life. This tour with audio guide is engaging as you learn about the many historic buildings in this area.
- Enjoy the British military stories of the 18th to 20th centuries
- See the largest collection of 17th century British cannons in the world
- See the house where George Washington stayed on his trip to Barbados
- Hear all about the various activities of the Garrison Savannah
- See the 50th Anniversary of Independence monument
DescriptionYou get to try and enjoy the various modes of transportation on the island as you make your way to the Barbados Museum for the start of your walking tour. You will travel on foot around the Garrison and see the many barracks while getting a sense of what life of the soldiers of that time was like. On the journey through this historic area, you will hear stories about hurricanes, wars, forts and cannons, the birth of horse racing and cricket as well as about the Court Martials and the famous house where George Washington stayed on his visit to this island. A few intriguing stories along the way will bring it all together. A tasting and sampling along the way completes this tour which is even more comfortable with the aid of your audio equipment. No more running to catch up to hear what the guide has to say! Take your time and hear as though he/she is right there talking to you alone. What a wonderful experience awaits you on a walking tour of the historic Garrison and its Museum, Barbados.
IncludesPersonal audio equipment Light snack (includes nut products)
- Please note that this tour is not wheelchair accessible.