My Guide Website?
Barbados: Rum Distillery Tour and Mount Gay Visitor Center4 Reviews
Explore some of the rums of Barbados on this informative guided tour. Discover how this famous rum is made, visit a local rum store, witness plantation life, and sample some award-winning rum.
- Experience the local rum shop culture
- Enjoy tasting various award-winning rums
- Visit a distillery and learn about how rum is made
- Stop at the Mount Gay Visitor Center
DescriptionStart your tour at the magnificent Foursquare Rum Distillery where you will meet your friendly and informative guide. Once a working sugar factory in the 15th century, Foursquare now pays tribute to the many aspects of Barbadian history. You will learn about the various stages of rum making and enjoy samples of their amazing rums at the bar. Then, let your guide introduce you to a quintessential Bajan rum shop. There are about 1,200 of these rum shops scattered across the island. These village shops provide everything—groceries, bread, provisions—and are a local meeting place. Locals meet to drink rum, play dominoes, and to talk with good friends. Immerse yourself in this traditional Barbadian experience. Stop at the Mount Gay Visitor Center at the end of your tour.
IncludesEntrance fees Water and refreshments Lunch
- • Participants aged between 16 and 21 years old are allowed to sample rum if accompanied by a parent
- Due to Covid 19, this tour now includes visits to the Mount Gay Visitor Centre and Foursquare Rum Distillery and no longer includes a visit to a plantation
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now