Car Hire Tips
Hiring a car is the best way to appreciate the natural beauty and charismatic charm of Barbados. If you intend to have an active holiday it's the most economical way to do it. A full range of well maintained vehicles are available through local car rental companies. See Car Hire to find a rental company near you.
Here are some car hire tips and useful info:
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards.
- The agent at the rental company will show you the vehicle's features.
- Be very attentive during the demonstration of the vehicle as most models are different from those overseas.
- Note down the emergency hot line number of your rental company and ask them if they offer breakdown assistance.
- Most rental companies offer unlimited mileage, free delivery and pick-up to hotels, villas, airport and seaport, baby seats and free road maps.
- All vehicles are covered by insurance including unlimited liability for passengers and third party personal injury coverage.
- The Collision Damage Waiver is comprehensive insurance and is highly recommended, however, it does not usually cover damage to rims and tyres.
- It is recommended that you check which vehicles are exempt from credit card insurance, even though it covers you for most vehicles.
- If you have an accident, you must leave your vehicle in its position and call your car hire company and the police immediately – do not admit liability. For Police dial 211 and ambulance 511.